Wednesday 12 February 2014

This one’s for Mum and Dad

As most people would agree, your parents are usually your number one fans and are always there for support before, during and after a race.

My Mum and Dad are without a doubt my best supporters and number one fans following me around the country and the world to support and cheer me and the family on, whenever and where ever they can. I don’t think they have ever missed a race and I love every minute of their support.
I love seeing their excitement and its great satisfaction to see how proud they are of all the Luckin kids. That’s right, im not the only one!! Twin brother Mark who was the first to participate in triathlons, for a couple of years before I gave it a crack! Younger sister Kate who has just recently completed her first 70.3 distance and of course my Fiancé Andy, who started with Mark and who is well and truly part of the family.
I have a few highlights last year.
The first when they can down to watch the Fremantle half marathon. They watched with Andy and when I finished 3rd Dad was quite surprised. “3rd Female… Overall. Were there any fast people racing?!”. “Ohhh, she’s quite good then!!”. Mums always said the running genes are from her side and I believe her! Also Mandurah, they couldn’t believe I had won my AG and finished 4th AG female, qualifying for Hawaii. The excitement on their face was so special. As was Ironman!


   

The start of my run at Ironman Western Australia, getting a hi five from Mum, Dad & Kate


Before the start of Ironman Western Australia - Mark, Dad, me & Mum


Getting a hug from Dad after my IM!!
I must give thanks to Commercial & Industrial Mowing (parents business) who are financially supporting me with my Ironman World Championships quest.
As you can appreciate it is a long lead up to ironman and with three disciplines to train for, it is  not only the trip to Hawaii that is expensive but also the lead up to this event!! Training fee’s, nutrition, gear etc. I swear I would be rich if I did not compete!! Their support will certainly assist and ease the financial pain, helping prepare me for the months ahead.
A kind hand over of the credit card also didn’t go unnoticed at the Mandurah roll down spots, with a cool $1600.00 spent on entry fee’s after paying for not only my Hawaii Ironman World Champs entry fee and then Marks straight after!


I am forever great full and can’t wait to have them out on course in Hawaii, knowing they will be cheering their hearts out. Most importantly I love that they will be part of my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment