Sunday 22 June 2014

And it starts again

It has now been  a month since returning from our Adventures in China and I am well and truly back into the swing of things.
A relatively easy week including some easy rides and swims initially until starting a more structured training program the following week. 
I was hesitant to run again, worried my injury would still be there but all seams to be holding up just fine at this stage.

Training has had its ups and downs. It is always hard getting back into three disciplines, especially after coming off a holiday and feeling fit and fast a few months before.
Mentally it has been a bit of a struggle, I want to be where I was, where I left off and NOW. Its hard not feeling fit and fast and this makes it even worse trying to regain your fitness in winter.
But I am determined, focused and stubborn so I know I will be back!

The mornings have been cold, they are dark with the sun only coming out when its time to go to work, and by the time I get home I can make most of 30mins of light before its dark again. When the mornings are clear it is cold and when its warmer they are wet! 
There is no winning but these days make you tough and even more determined to get through the session. You know winters here when you head to the pool and its empty! A lane to myself!



This week I have really felt like a triathlete again. I feel great running, especially as I'm back outside and no longer restricted to the treadmill. The swimming is coming along slow and steady and this weekend was the first time I saw a glimpse of speed and strength. Although today was wrapped up with a very, very rare afternoon nap! I was stuffed!

A pilates session with Ruth Chang is a new addition to the program and I'm loving it! Great to have her knowledge and humour to bring some variation to the weeks program.

I was also fortunate to have a chat with Darryl from Shotz a few weeks earlier. He shared his knowledge and priceless information with me which I intend to take advantage of come October.

With under 4 months until Kona its only going to get tougher. Im lucky to have the support of my fiancé Andy and my family and its very much appreciated. 

For now, I'm off to watch Master Chef before heading to bed and starting the weeks session with a Monday Swim!




No comments:

Post a Comment